Monday, March 11, 2013

Mid-Term Updates

I thought that I would take a moment during our Spring Break to clarify some of the updates and changes that we discussed during our last f2f meeting about course requirements and expectations.

Usually the mid-term is to create a informative presentation geared towards your Administration.  You can see some examples from past semester participants here.

Given the unusual dynamic of having all of our participants from the same site-based cohort we decided to modify our mid-term requirements.  Please find expectations below due before Session 7 (3/18/13):

  • Each course participant will create a 5 minute screencast using a recording tool like Screenr.com or Screencast-o-matic.com  demonstrating to the class what eBook project you have completed so far.  Here is an example.
  • Demonstration should walk us through how to find your project, what you have included so far, which specific course or courses it will support and your plans to expand and improve upon it over the next two months.
  • Not sure if I missed anything that we discussed, but if so, please feel free to chime in your two cents in the comments below.

11 comments:

Anne Barnhart said...

Hi all:)

Here is my screencast. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dCOnw00ZLw

Enjoy!

anne

Unknown said...

Hi Anne,
Great screen cast! What program did you use? I am having trouble completing mine. I Can't get audio to come through.
Stacey

Unknown said...

Nice job Anne... you have a very soft, controlled voice.. I like the collaboration with your project. I am going to bring this to my dept. I am sure there will be others that want to work with me as well..it would be great, for sure. I will check out youtube.. as well. Have no account on it...

Unknown said...

Hi again,

I ended up using Screenr on my laptop to create the screencast. I had some issues trying to get audio at first but it ended up working out. I am working on a flexbook for physical Science and know that at least one of the other Physical Science teachers is interested in creating one together so I am excited to collaborate!

Here is my screencast:
http://www.screenr.com/5QE7

Thanks!
Stacey

Anne Barnhart said...

DD, let me know if you want me to help you set up the account for youtube.

As for your newest screencast, it is amazing. . .one part that made me smile was your acknowledgement of the original CK12 creator. I think it's important to acknowledge that we are still going to want to do that as much as possible as we embrace this OER shift. We value so much respecting intellectual property of people even within this collective consciousness. I love it. Like Stacy's, I'm super jealous how much you already have to draw from, but what I'm realizing is how different your process is that what I'm doing with this!

Also, I wanted to say I love how you incorporated your ed canvas. Awesome idea! I wonder if instead of just posting the link you could try to embed it for a more aesthetic approach? Just a thought!

Stacy,
Sorry I didn't check this until today. I use Screencast-o-matic. Glad you figured it out. As for your screencast, awesome! I am super jealous of how much content already out there that you can use! I had to create it all from scratch, so our experiences have been really different with this process--like I said to DD. I love that about this OER concept, thought, how individual it is yet how much it simple represents an organic process of recycling, re-imagining, and relaying the important concepts in our discipline. I loved the exercise feature and the multimedia lesson on the sound waves. Two super cool features! Nice work!

Unknown said...

So i logged into Curriki and did not find to many resources for culinary arts. I did find many resources in open tapestry. So i am slightly confused on the mid term. Our question, are we suppose to make a video presentation gathering our online sources and use www.screencast-o-matic.com or sophia.org?

Bill Varden said...

Hey everybody, Here's my screencast. Hope you enjoy.

-BV

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cIebbKVFZ3

Unknown said...

Greetings

Here is my online lesson that i created. I used sofia.org to create my online lesson.
I am hoping that created something that is fun, interactive, educational, and also correct.

In addition of using sofia.org i also used infusedlearning.com, youtube.com, and some other wonderful resources that i found online.

Enjoy
http://www.sophia.org/sanitation-and-hygiene-tutorial

Unknown said...

I used Screenr....boy I found that pretty easy. I can definitely see how I can record lessons for bellringers, if I am absent, or to simply link as tutorials on my webpage. The possibilities are endless!
http://www.screenr.com/ITY7

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

I have been feverishly working on my wiki. I will post my screencast later today/tonight.

EnglishTeacher said...

I have created my screencast on ScreencastOMatic, and here it is! :)

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cIeFqmVFzs

Enjoy! :)

Andrea