Thursday, May 9, 2013

Final Projects--due by midnight--5/10/13

This has been a unique pilot project, so thank you for your willingness to experiment in this 21st century endeavor.


On the 15th expect to present your completed work (aka 'Final Project') to me, your course peers, Mr. Ruscito, the Superintendent, and any other interested parties.

I have made lots of personalized changes this semester to suit the needs of this cohort, so don't focus upon the Final Project requirements on the syllabus. Instead use the information below for this semester.

Your Final Projects will be due by Midnight on Friday, May 10th.

You will create a new screencast and place its link (please triple-check to make sure it works) under the Final Projects posting on this blog.  Additionally, you will prepare a 6-8 minute presentation that will be given live on 5/15/13 in the WHS Library from 4-6.

The live presentation will be very similar to the Final Project screencast, but will provide more opportunity for discussion, demonstration, and Q & A from the audience (Principal, Superintendent, URI representatives...).

Both the screencast and the live presentation should include the following:

  • A demonstration of your finished project (at least finished for the time-being b/c most of these projects will continue to develop over the next year)
  • The practical uses you foresee for your students and yourself.
  • How you envision this project will evolve over the next school year and over the next 5 years.
  • The potential benefit to teaching and learning, as well as the financial benefit to the district or state, as a whole.
  • Include directions for anyone watching about how to find your project on their own.  (what is the url, site it was uploaded to, saved location...), so that the world can benefit from your work.
  • Lastly, please add any other important details that you feel should be mentioned or shared.

Additionally, for anyone that may be interested, there may be several opportunities to continue to share your experiences, after the semester closes.  


Holly Walsh, the Instructional Technology and eLearning staff member at RIDE, has expressed some interest in seeing your finished projects and possibly having some of you present them with me at the next "Innovations through Technology" conference that RIDE sponsors on October 5th, 2013.

Also, Senator O'Neill, the Chairman of the Joint Legislative Commission to Study the Use of eTextbooks in RI, has expressed interest in hearing about the Final Projects that you have developed.

I would like to thank all who participated for allowing me to lead you through this process and I look forward to continuing our collaboration in the future.

Once again, I our last face-to-face class is scheduled at WHS, in the Library, on May 15th from 4-6pm.  



Please double check all links to ensure that they are working.  Once I review your Final Projects, I will send you a confirmation and grade.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  I've been fielding questions as they come in.

Good Luck!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi everyone,

Here is my final project screencast. I hope I included everything! :o)

http://youtu.be/Ozj8Sg0tjYc

Thanks,
Stacey

Unknown said...

Here is my final screen cast


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4bXQC2s7lU&feature=youtu.be

Anne Barnhart said...

I thought mine was on here??? I'm confused. Oh well!

Here it is.

anne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_N1lnTsZWg

Unknown said...

Hi-
Here is my final screencast.
http://youtu.be/00gnKC2KJzc
See you on Wednesday.

EnglishTeacher said...

Hi, All,

Here is my final screencast! :) What a wild ride this final phase of the project has been! I hope it works!!!

Thanks, and see you soon!

Andrea :)

andrea_flexbook2 - Computer.m4v

Anonymous said...

Sharon Ficarra
EDC922 final
Westerly

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWsLl203B4
Sharon Ficarra

Anonymous said...

Hi

Final screen cast

Susan Wood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo16bla8Lmo

EnglishTeacher said...

Andrea, here, again. Here's another attempt

http://youtu.be/al6Yix4jgPM

Bill Varden said...

Here's my Final Project screencast. Look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday!

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cIhXF1VOMM