I hope that video gave you a brief snapshot of what the future will look like soon. As the ability of technology to aid teachers increases exponentially, very quickly we will all begin to see practical models like this integrated into K-12 schools. The potential is mind-boggling, so I thought that this video would help inspire you and give you a little extra fuel for the next few weeks.
The focus of this session will be on a unit from the OERI project in Curriki. It's called, "Creating an OER from Scratch". Most of the links can be found in the syllabus. This session will include:
- Exposure to an array of OER resource environments;
- Recognizing the value of creating and publishing curriculum within an OER environment;
- Constructing relevant curriculum using a well-defined model;
- Appropriately integrating technology into your curriculum;
- Studying the techniques of publishing to an OER environment; and
- Publishing a curriculum module to Curriki.
I'm working on a time when we can all meet again for our last f2f session. I'll speak to Jessica and keep you all posted.
Past participants' comments:
Spring '13
Past participants' comments:
Spring '13
1 comment:
There are many reasons to create curriculum through the use of Open Educational Resources.
• The price: It’s free!
• Amount of resources!
• Easy to modify!
I love to incorporate resources that are free and easy to use and modify. However, the drawback to open resources can be the quality of the resource. Throughout this course I have been able to find some unbelievable resources but I needed to sort through quite a bit of ‘junk’ to find it. This took a lot of patience but was worth every minute.
New media should be integrated into today’s curriculum for many reasons.
• Kids are technology driven
• Interactive learning
• Engaging
Students today are surrounded by technology. I recently read a study stating that preschoolers today know how to play games on an iPhone but are unable to sit play independently. Today’s youth is growing up with technology at their fingertips… literally. We need to embrace their strengths and use this as an advantage (not to say that we don’t need to nurture their weaknesses). Technology can add an interactive piece to the curriculum. This will engage the students more both inside and outside the classroom.
Below is a link to the curriki.org website. I posted a link to Constructive Response for our Quadratics Unit.
http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_laurel024/QuadraticsApplication
Post a Comment